The work that we face in our time is great
我们的年代所面临的是伟大的事业
in a time of war
在一个战争的年代
and the terrible sacrifices it entails
巨大的牺牲是必要的
the promise of a better future is not always clear
对未来的承诺总是美好而又虚幻
there's gonna be other wars
也许还会发生战争
I'm sorry to tell you there's gonna be other wars
恐怕以后一定还会发生战争
there's gonna be a lot of combat wounds
以及无尽的杀戮
and my friends it's gonna be tough
朋友们,那一定会很痛苦
and we're gonna have a lot to do
我们必须做点什么
That old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran?
还记得冲浪乐团(Beach Boys)的那首“炸伊朗”(Bomb Iran)吗?
Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb...
炸 炸 炸...炸死你丫的
I'm still convinced that withdrawal means chaos
我也深信撤兵会导致混乱
and if you think that things are bad now
如果你也认为那不是件好事的话
if we withdraw--you ain't seen nothing yet
如果我们撤兵--并不会没事
was the war a good idea, worth the price in blood and treasure?
但难道战争真是一个好主意,值得付出那么多的生命和金钱吗?
It was a good idea
它的确是个好主意
President Bush talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years
布什总统说我们要在伊拉克驻兵50年
Maybe a hundred, that's fine with me
也许是一百年,反正我无所谓
I don't think Americans are concerned if we're there for a hundred years, or a thousand years, or ten thousand years.
我认为美国人不会在意我们在那儿呆一百年、一千年,还是一万年。
【本文翻译仅为外语学习及阅读目的,原文作者个人观点与译者及译言网无关】